Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ezra Levant Slams Danny Williams

Ezra Levant, a man for whom I carry the utmost respect, has slammed Danny Williams for going to the US for heart surgery. He damns with faint praise.
His constituents can rot on a waiting list. Not for him, the King of the Island. At least he isn't lying about it, and at least he's not using taxpayers money to fly there. Unlike Jean Chretien.
No he's not lying. He just hasn't told us the whole story. Yet. His own doctors recommended he leave Newfoundland for the surgery. Did they tell him to go to the US? Who knows.

What I do know is that ever conservative Danny Williams is looking out for himself and I don't blame him. He is arguably the best educated, most accomplished, toughest, richest, cleanest and most enduringly-popular politician Newfoundland has ever known. And his work is not finished here. I think we Newfoundlanders would take up a collection to send this man to anywhere in the world to get his surgery. But we don't have to. He is paying the shot - all of it - himself. And he is not bumping anyone off a waiting list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. I prefer you didn't post anonymously.

To keep it civil, comments are moderated. I reserve the right to decide what appears on my blog.